Become a member of BPW Australia
Join BPW Australia. Belong to an international network of lively and interesting women that includes employers and employees who work across many sectors including corporate, small business, professions, trades, non-profit and government. BPW Australia welcomes as members women in both paid and voluntary work, including women who used to work and women who aspire to work.
Members all champion the right of women to participate fully at every level of the workforce across all these sectors and make real differences in women’s lives by raising awareness, leading debate and driving change. And we network, learn and have fun along the way.
You can also opt to nominate a club that you would like to join if there is one near you. Please note that an eClub is under development for members who are not near a club.
When you join BPW as a Member, you become a Member of both BPW Australia and of BPW International, opening up broad opportunities to engage, learn, contribute to achieving BPW’s aims and participate in personal and professional development.
Belonging to your local Club brings additional benefits, including regular communications about Club projects and programs and contact details of Club members to foster networking and mentoring. As a member of BPW Australia and BPW International, you can attend meetings of any Club across the country and even across the globe! If you are travelling within Australia, remember to check the website Club pages to see when and where the Club in your destination meets.
Sometimes a member is not located where BPW Australia has a local club, or has travel or other commitments that prevent her from attending Club meetings. If you are interested in supporting the objectives of BPW Australia but cannot join a Club, it is possible to join BPW Australia directly as an Independent Member. As an Independent Member you will be encouraged to link remotely with a BPW Club so you can receive communications and engage with online activities. You will be contacted by the BPWA Director of Membership to make these arrangements.
Find a Club
Click on the map to find clubs.
A company may seek Corporate Membership and allocate up to four members to attend Club meetings. More details.
Life Membership – is bestowed upon a BPW member by Club, Division or nationally. It recognises a member who has made an exceptional contribution to BPW and to women in Australia.
Honorary Membership – is for women on whom BPW would like to bestow membership in recognition of their contribution to the Australian community. It can be bestowed by a Club, Division or nationally.
Member benefits include
· Membership pack including your own BPW name badge (new members only)
· Member rates to attend monthly Club meetings and events
· Eligibility for nomination to your Club Executive Committee
· Voting rights at Club level
· Member rates to attend the triennial BPW Australia National Conference
· Voting rights at BPW Australia National Conference through your Club, and the opportunity to vote as a Delegate on behalf of your Club
· Eligibility for nomination to the BPW Australia Board
· Member rates to attend the triennial BPW International Congress
· Voting rights at BPW International Congress through BPW Australia, and the opportunity to vote as a Delegate on behalf of BPW Australia
· Eligibility for nomination to the BPW International Executive
· Ability to nominate to attend the Commission on the Status of Women in New York as a BPW International Delegate
· Member access to the BPW Australia website and resources
· Entrance to the Keys to Achievement program and rewards
· Eligibility for scholarships through the Agnes Robertson Fund
· Discounts on facilitated training programs
· Discounts negotiated on behalf of members (when available)
· Monthly Members’ e-Bulletin
· Copies of Annual Report, Conference Report and other members-only documentation