Australia has never had a national strategy on gender equality – one which comprehensively identifies and seeks to address all aspects of gender inequality as set out in AGEC’s Gender Equality Manifesto. AGEC has set out 29 recommendations under the following 5 key priority areas that parties and candidates need to address in the federal election:
- 1. Free universal childcare
- 2. Safety and respect for women
- 3. Women representation and leadership
- 4. Women's economic security, and
- 5. A National Strategy on Gender Equality
AGEC asserts that only when a comprehensive National Strategy is established by Government in collaboration with business and the broader community will Australia accelerate its pathway to achieving gender equality.